It’s been sleepy on the blog folks, and I apologize for that, but it certainly hasn’t been sleepy around the Sprinklery. Wanna know what I’ve been up to?
1. Traveled to Eastern CT to spend three misguided days sanding, staining, and finishing a set of folding chairs from the 1940s/1950s for our new (yet to be built) dining room.
2. Caught the biggest blue crab EVAR off The BF’s parent’s dock. Like the thing was a monster. He had his claws up and was all, “En garde, you rogues!” It was entertaining and a wee bit terrifying.
3. Dug up the biggest Quahog clam evar and named him Sheldon. Proceeded to attempt to watch him bury himself back in the sand. He was too slow so I poked him and he spit! Proceeded to torture said clam by poking periodically to see how far I could make him spit.
4. Found, and watched a large horseshoe crab trundle along the sandbar. He was pretty cool.
5. Had my birthday on Friday. Don’t ask how old I am. I can only respond that I am sufficiently well into my 20s that the response “Nearly 30” is more accurate than “In my 20s”. Ooomph.
6. Got our cable set up and unpacked the new apartment so much that we only have 2 boxes left! Wee! Except the kitchen is a disaster still. So, boo.
7. Attempted to see the Rain Room at MoMA on Saturday. Got there at 8:30 and was informed that from where we stood was approximately an 8 hour wait, not counting the hour we would still have to wait until the exhibit opened. Played chicken along with 100s of other people in line that the “8 hour wait” was just their attempt at scaring us off. Waited 3 hours, switched to the view only line, decided that Disney needed to host an intervention in time/line management skills, saw some rain in a room. Called it an afternoon.
8. On Wednesday I start the BluePrint Cleanse. Don’t judge. Of course I’m making a batch of ice cream tonight, and a rhubarb crumble, because I enjoy torturing myself.
What have you folks been up to?
P.S. Do you follow Tuna on instagram? ohmigoshhessocuteiwantone. (disclaimer, not everyone will agree with me)