Howdy folks. I’m wrapping up day 3 of my juice cleanse and have been furiously cooking up a storm. I promise to have a recipe post for you next week!
In the meantime I thought I’d share with you some things I’ve been obsessing over this week. Don’t want you guys to lose faith in me as a blogger ‘n’ all. 🙂
1. With my own blogoversary coming up in August this post from Topped with Cinnamon blew my feeble mind. Pancakes as a …. cake?! Genius. Must do. Breakfast just got a million times better.
2. Obviously I’m on an ice cream kick these days given the elebenity billion degree heatwave we’ve been having in NYC. Annie’s Eats salted caramel ice cream is obviously next on my list. How I missed this recipe in The Perfect Scoop I’ll never know, but obviously I’ll be re-reading that puppy a little more closely.
3. You ever read stuff and smack yourself on the forehead wondering why you never thought of that before? I love bacon, I love corn on the cob, how did I not think to combine the two? Sprinkled with Flour did and I have to say, major ups to you.
4. Scones are one of my favorite breakfast items ever since I found that recipe from Smitten Kitchen ages ago. Cinnamon scones have been my white whale after trying The BF’s mom’s frozen variety. I’m hoping these come close, from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures. Also, I just bought the Bouchon Bakery cookbook and can’t wait to read through it.
5. And of course as soon as I opened up Smitten’s page I found this delightful cake that I really wish I had the occasion to make.
6. Last but not least, I don’t know how many of you follow the art world but I’m fairly involved. Last October there was the “heist of the century” at the Kunstahl Museum in Rotterdam. Seven masterpieces were stolen in just under 2 minutes. It has just recently been discovered that the mother of the thief may have burned all the works. Two works by my favorite artist Monet were included in the seven stolen pieces. It’s so sad to think they may (and probably are) gone forever.