Things I’ve done this summer:
1. Started training for a triathlon
2. Misspelled triathlon every time I type it (how is it not triathAlon?)
3. Signed up for all the cake/catering/food tastings that are wedding related
4. Promptly gained weight #weddingdiet clearly not working
5. Vowed to eat more Kale
6. Tweaked this ranch recipe.
Things you should do this summer:
1. Don’t sign up for a triathlon and think you’ll lose weight
2. Do make this ranch dressing and eat ALL THE SUMMER VEGETABLES dipped in it.
- ¼ cup sour cream (low fat or fat free is fine)
- 1 tbsp mayo (light is also fine)
- ½ tsp dill powder (or fresh)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (or ½ tsp fresh minced, but I don't like the chunks in my dressing)
- ⅛ tsp celery seed
- ⅛ tsp coriander
- buttermilk to thin
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients except the buttermilk until evenly distributed and blended.
- Add buttermilk 1 tbsp at a time until the dressing is as thick or thin as you like it (I usually add about 3-4 tbsp so it's still a bit thick, but viscous enough to pour).
- Transfer to a airtight container and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight to let the flavors combine.
- When ready to use you may need to thin with a little more buttermilk.
- Will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.