Sometimes, Monday just sucker punches you right in the gut. You’re cruisin’ along fine and then KA-BAM! Sucker punch.
And Mother Nature decides to throw a heat wave on top of that. Because yah know, why not?
Sometimes though, you also get the greatest news over the weekend. New family members being added by the second. The world getting cuter by the minute.
In either of these scenarios you could be expected to cry. Either from frustration or joy.
I say go for it. Let the tears flow. And then cheers to good fortune or pour one out for the homies.
So whatever your Monday (or Tuesday) situation is. Whip up one of these cocktails and drown your sorrows or throw your arm around your best bud and laugh the night away. This cocktail covers all the bases.
I’ve been drinking a lot of spicy, smoky tequila drinks lately, and I am way into it. This one is a sort of mix between a flavored margarita and a michelada. You’ll need the cherry syrup from those candied cherries you made for ice cream two weeks ago.
- 3 oz (2 jiggers) of Mezcal or silver tequila
- 1.5 oz (1 jigger) of cherry syrup
- 1.5 oz (1 jigger) fresh lime juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- dash of liquid smoke (optional)
- seltzer or light beer to top off
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a cocktail shaker combine all the ingredients except for the seltzer or beer. Shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed and chilled.
- On a small rimmed plate mix together the salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper until evenly distributed.
- Rub the rim of two lowball glasses with a lime wedge and dip the glasses in the salt mixture.
- Put 3 large ice cubes in each of the glasses. Evenly split the mixture in the cocktail shaker between the two glassses.
- Top off with your choice of seltzer or beer. Garnish with a lime wedge.