Holy shnikes, Chitlins. It’s been a month since I last posted! Summer is just flying by. I have no excuses, only apologies. So let’s just jump right into it.
I’ve been seeing no-churn ice cream recipe for, oh, ever. And I’ve always wanted to do it, but for some reason it felt like cheating. Don’t ask me why I felt that way, I just did.
I mean, how could you reasonably think that a recipe for ice cream with only four ingredients (if you’re going for just vanilla) wasn’t cheating? But eventually my desires got the better of me and I decided to give it a whirl, at 10pm last night.
I cranked up the Olympics so I could hear it from the kitchen and and whipped up this tasty dish in roughly 10 minutes. By this morning I had fresh ice cream that I swear you would never know was “cheating.”
I may be a convert.
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla, divided
- pinch of salt
- 12 Oreos, roughly chopped (I used a mix of chocolate cream Oreos and chocolate chip cookie Oreos)
- Divide the sweetened condensed milk between two medium bowls.
- To one bowl add the cocoa, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and a pinch of salt. Stir until smooth.
- To the other bowl add 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cold heavy cream until thick and cream, just below stiff peaks (about 2 -3 minutes if using a hand mixer).
- Scoop a heaping ¼ cup of the whipped cream into the chocolate condensed milk and another heaping ¼ cup. Stir each bowl to combine and lighten.
- Divide the remaining whipped cream between each bowl and carefully fold.
- Divide the chopped Oreos between the two bowls and carefully fold.
- In a 9x5 loaf pan or quart sized container pour the chocolate mixture into the bottom and smooth over. Carefully spoon the vanilla mixture over the chocolate and smooth to cover all the chocolate.
- Press plastic wrap to the surface and freeze at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.